Almond Pancake Recipe
The all-time best – and simplest - recipe for great Almond Pancakes:
- 3/4 Cup of Milk (cow’s milk, soy milk, or almond milk)
- 2 Tbsp White Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup of Almond Flour
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda
- 2 Pinches Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Mix the milk and vinegar in a small bowl. Let sit for a few minutes to curdle
- Mix the Almond Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt and Sugar in a large bowl
- Melt the Butter (in a small bowl in the microwave)
- Dump the Butter and Egg into the Milk/Vinegar mixture. Whisk until thoroughly mixed
- Pour the liquid mixture into the large bowl with the dry mixture
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat
- Melt 2 Tbsp butter until just sizzling
- Pour the Almond Pancake mix into the pan. Pour one large pancake or several smaller ones.
- Let sit for 5-12 minutes. Almond Flour doesn’t bind as well as wheat flour, so Almond Pancakes take longer to firm up than wheat pancakes.
- When the pancake seems firm enough to flip, gently do so with a large spatula. Holding the pan and gently tossing the pancake in the air a bit – for momentum – helps flip the pancake without it crumbling.
- Leave for another 4-8 minutes.
- Almond Butter - Melt a large dollop of Almond Butter on the backside of the pancake, right after you flip it. Spread this around for a nutty, healthy Almond Pancake treat with little/no sugar
- Honey – On its own or on top of Almond Butter – honey is a great topping
- Syrup – the old standby
- Fruit - Thawed frozen berries are the best because they ooze with juices
- Chocolate – chocolate sauce or melted hunks of chocolate are all yummy. Stick with dark chocolate if you want the antioxidant and low-sugar benefits